Boxycharm set the bar high for this year starting with January’s box. February’s was an even better follow up. March was still great, though not as great as the previous two.
And now, April.
April, unfortunately, is a definite downgrade from the previous boxes. That being said, there are some great items in here. It’s just that for a $20 monthly subscription, I expect to like at least the majority of the items. One dud is fine, but any more is pushing it.
The theme this month was “Boho Glow”, but there was really only one item that fit with the theme. I’m not sure what the purpose of the themes are if they’re not really going to run with it when it comes to what’s in the box.
Here’s what I got in my box:
- Measurable Difference Concealer Palette (USD $19.99): I’m down for getting concealers in subscription boxes, and for a company like Boxycharm that doesn’t really “tailor” boxes this palette seems like a good idea in theory. But from what I’ve seen from other reviews, the product varies a lot in quality between shades. I don’t have room for any bad concealer in my collection, so I’ll be passing this on.
- Hairgurt Smoothing Yogurt Shampoo (USD $10.00): I wasn’t a fan of the hair mask that was included in a prior box, so I won’t be trying out this shampoo. Into the donation bin you go!
- *Cargo Essential Lipgloss in Taos (USD $16.00): I’m a huge fan of Cargo’s lip glosses, but this cool toned beige color washes me out. I’m passing this one because I’m sure someone will love it.
- *OFRA Cosmetics Rodeo Drive Highlighter (USD $35.00–but just use your fave influencer’s code to get 30% off): This is the one item I’m excited to have. I’ve heard rave reviews about Rodeo Drive, and I’ve tried other highlighters from Ofra. I really like their formula and finish. I’m happy to have this pop up in a box.
- *PUR Cosmetics Blend Squad (USD $36.00): I love getting beauty tools in subscription boxes! Sponges can be a little tricky outside of the beauty blender. But I’ve heard some good things about these sponges. It’ll be great to see how the perform, and I love that we get three sponges!
So I’m just keeping the highlighter and sponges and passing on everything else.
Even though I’m happy with what I’m keeping, it’s disappointing that I’m passing on so much.
May and June tend to be better months for Boxycharm and they’ve had much stronger boxes earlier this year, so if you want to sign up you can do so here.**